The system of critical points ensures a preventive and systematic approach to the timely identification of health hazards and the prevention of their occurrence. Consistent application significantly reduces not only health risks, but also economic losses in production.
The system of critical points focuses on key factors that affect the safety and health of food throughout the food chain from raw material processing to sale. The HACCP system is used to control biological, chemical or physical agents that act on food and can compromise its safety.
With increased requirements for food safety, voluntary certification of the HACCP critical points system has been introduced. By certifying the system of critical points, the manufacturer demonstrates a functional and effective system of compliance with the requirements beyond the usual framework required by national legislation, verified by an independent certification body.
Benefits of critical point system certification:
- meeting the requirements of the most demanding customers (retail chains and multinational companies);
- demonstration of compliance with HACCP requirements beyond the minimum requirements set by national legislation;
- guarantee of the stability of the production process, and thus the stable and high quality of services and products provided to customers;
- demonstration of the suitability, efficiency and effectiveness of the established system of critical points by a third, independent party;
- improving the management system, improving the organizational structure of the organization;
- improve order and increase efficiency throughout the organization;
- cost optimization - reduction of operating costs, reduction of costs for non-conforming products, savings of raw materials, energy and other resources;
- reduction of economic losses in relation to labeling, filling accuracy, weighing, etc.;
- increasing public and state control authorities' confidence;
- easier to obtain government contracts