The ČSN EN ISO 3834 standard has 4 parts (ČSN EN ISO 3834-1 to 4). The standard specifies appropriate quality requirements for fusion welding of metallic materials and specifies how to demonstrate the ability of the manufacturer to produce products of the specified quality.
Only ČSN EN ISO 3834 -2: 2006 Quality requirements for welding - Fusion welding of metallic materials - Part 2: Higher quality requirements may be used to demonstrate the manufacturer's quality assurance system in the field of welding, assessment and certification according to ČSN EN ISO 9001: 2016.
Benefits of quality management system certification in welding processes:
- demonstration of commitment to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, with emphasis on those parts of the quality assurance system that relate to welding management as a "special process";
- guarantee of the stability of the welding production process, and thus the stable and high quality of services and products provided to customers;
- demonstration of the suitability, efficiency and effectiveness of the established quality management system by a third, independent party;
- improving the management system, improving the organizational structure of the organization;
- improving order and increasing efficiency throughout the organization, especially in welding processes;
- cost optimization - reduction of operating costs, reduction of costs for non-conforming products, savings of raw materials, energy and other resources;
- increasing the confidence of the public and state control authorities in the manufacturer who provides welding processes.