The requirements of the occupational health & safety management system (OHSAS), which organizations can use for internal application, certification or for contractual purposes with suppliers and customers, are specified in ČSN OHSAS 18001:2008.
Benefits of the occupational health & safety management system and its certification:
- demonstrating a commitment to ensuring and improving the occupational health & safety management system, adopted at all levels and by all functions in the organization, especially by top management;
- demonstrating systematic reduction of risks, or, more precisely, dangers threatening the health and safety of all persons affected by the organization’s activities, products or services;
- reducing the incidence of occupational diseases and accidents at work;
- minimizing the costs associated with accidents in the workplace;
- demonstrating the commitment to meeting legal and regulatory requirements relating to occupational health and safety;
- it is a self-regulating system reacting flexibly to changes in the laws and regulations, safety requirements and changes within the organization (e.g., new technologies, organizational changes, etc.).