Due to the ever increasing demands of customers concerning information security in organizations, an international standard for information security management system, ČSN ISO/IEC 27001:2006 (ISMS), was prepared and subsequently used for certification by a third party. This standard specifies requirements for information security management systems. The application of these requirements contributes to the permanent protection of information assets. The aim is to provide partners with guaranteed adequate level of security of corporate information.
Benefits of ISMS:
- introduction of a systematic approach to information security management;
- improving procedures to ensure confidentiality in accordance with applicable legislation (trade secrets, financial and tax secrets, personal information, classified information, etc.);
- reducing the risk of hacker attacks on corporate networks and computers;
- faster and easier recovery after an attack and an increased ability to “survive” an incident;
- substantial increase in the credibility of the company, i.e., easier penetration of new markets in the EU;
- risk identification and a tool for risk elimination and control;
- increasing mutual trust between business partners;
- minimizing the risk of economic losses associated with the failure of technology.