The Technical and Test Institute for Construction Prague (TZÚS Praha, s.p.) is registered in Section II of the list of institutions qualified to provide expert services in accordance with Act No. 36/1967 Coll., On Experts and Interpreters, as amended.
The range of expert authorization is specified by decision of the Minister of Justice Ref. No. 564/2011-ODS-ZN/6 of 24 February 2012 (hereinafter referred to as the “Decision of the Minister”) for the field of construction as follows:
- certification of construction materials and structures;
- research and diagnostics of buildings and underground services, construction technology, building defects and faults, inspection of buildings;
- testing in the construction industry, noise emissions.
Performance of expert activities is governed by Act No. 36/1967 Coll., On Experts and Interpreters, as amended, and Decree No. 37/1967 Coll., implementing the Experts and Interpreters Act. Performance of expert activities applies to proceedings before state authorities and bodies to which the tasks of state authorities have been transferred; it also applies to investigations carried out in connection with legal acts of both individuals and legal entities. In this context, there are two types of expert opinions:
- requested expert opinion – opinions requested by state authorities (courts, police, etc.); these opinions are usually taken into account by courts, and they are subject to the regulation of the amount of reimbursement and remuneration. Expert fees may only be charged in the amount specified by Decree No. 37/1967 (Part IV). The final amount of expert fees is decided by the authority that requested the report; it is only after receiving this decision that an invoice may be issued;
- expert opinion outside proceedings – expert opinions requested by citizens or organizations; these opinions represent ordinary evidence for courts and are not subject to the regulation of the amount of compensation; expert fees may be invoiced at an amount equivalent to the contractual price charged for professional opinions, expert opinions or similar acts.
Link to the database of experts and interpreters: http://datalot.justice.cz/justice/repznatl.nsf/$$SearchForm
The Technical and Test Institute for Construction Prague also prepares professional opinions that do not need to meet the condition of proceedings of individuals or legal entities before state authorities. Professional opinions particularly apply to the following:
- stability of loadbearing structures;
- thermal-technical properties of buildings;
- assessment of construction materials and products;
- inspection of the static parts of the opinion;
- assessment of the quality of work performed;
- fire safety in buildings.