Certification of buildings using SBtoolCZ
SBToolCZ is a national system for the evaluation of the total quality of building performance, assessing the properties of the building and its surroundings in relation to sustainable development. Currently, this scheme can be used for the certification of residential and office buildings in the design phase and at the beginning of the operation. The following areas are assessed:
- impact of the building on the environment;
- socio-cultural aspects;
- functional and technical quality;
- economy and management;
- location in which the building is constructed.
The SBToolCZ system helps to ensure that buildings are environmentally friendly, that they provide a healthy indoor environment of high quality and, last but not least, that their operation is economic. The methodology includes a set of criteria that are scored based on the characteristics of the building and its surroundings, and depending on the total score, the building receives one of the four certificates (basic, bronze, silver or gold). Within the building design phase, SBToolCZ is a tool that highlights different ways to make improvements in the monitored parameters in the field of sustainable construction.
Basic benefits of the SBToolCZ system:
- Provision of credible certificates of conformity of construction with legislative requirements and the principles of sustainable construction (related to national legislation, as opposed to foreign systems);
- Increase in the market value of buildings (higher marketability and leasability);
- Reduction of operating costs;
- Promotion of energy efficiency in buildings, in accordance with Directive 2010/31/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council on the energy performance of buildings, EPBD II;
- Assessment of buildings within the aspects of sustainable development;
- Optimization tool of building design to better meet the requirements of clients;
- Reduction of the impact of buildings on the environment throughout the life cycle;
- Support of the creation of a good and healthy indoor environment;
- Stimulation of demand for sustainable buildings;
- Stimulation of manufacturers to produce and market environmentally friendly products, meeting the new basic requirement for construction according to Regulation No. 305/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council;
Incentive for manufacturers to affix the Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) to products.
The Technical and Test Institute for Construction Prague (TZÚS Praha, s.p.) is a long-term promoter of the concept of sustainable development and improvement of the quality of buildings. We are one of the founding members of the SBToolCZ National Platform and one of two certification bodies authorized to issue and check outputs within the SBToolCZ building assessment system. For more information, please visit the website below.
Building Thermal Technology Engineer
Phone.: +420 387 023 220
Mobil: +420 607 774 395